Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blonde on a Budget :)



I have had tons of requests for a video on the products that I use to color my hair. I basically go by the instructions that come with the box. So, I decided just to blog about the products and tell how I dye my hair. The products I use are Loreal Preference in the color Lightest Natural Blonde. It is a level 3 permanent hair color. I add a packet of Ardell Red Gold Corrector Plus. I bought this at Sally's for $0.99. It is purple and I add it to the hair color before putting it on my hair. It makes the contents in the bottle a purplish-pink but it is supposed to eliminate gold and red tones in hair. I think it does work so I continue to use it! :) Here is the link for the Corrector: Link here .
The first step I do when coloring my hair is mix the developer and color together from the hair dye box. Then, I add the corrector (this can be messy so do it over a sink!) I shake the bottle a few minutes to make sure it is mixed well. Then, I start putting it on my roots. If you are dyeing your hair for the first time, you would put the color all over your head. I just do the roots first. I put the dye all over then I wait 20 minutes and put the remaining color from the bottle on the ends of my hair. I wait 5 minutes and rinse. I use the conditioner from the box. I put a quarter sized amount on my hair. I leave it on for 5 minutes to really get conditioned. Then, I rinse my hair and keep it wrapped in a towel for a bit to dry. I use CHI Silk Infusion and some heat protectant before I blow dry my hair.
I hope this helps you! I thought a video on it would be too boring! Thanks for subscribing and tell all your friends to check out my channel!!! Thanks :)



3 comments:

  1. Bet you get a lot of comments here I was one that was hoping for this as I was recently laid I will dying my own hair the thought scares me to death
    Thanks again and wish me luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I dye my own hair. I love the way it feels, but I often come out with a brassiness. I feel like it is a giveaway that I do my own hair. I am looking forward to trying this. I hate going to the salon to get my hair done. It takes so long, costs so much, and I have to find someone to keep my kids! After I went once with my two girls, I decided I would do my own hair. I even cut my own hair. I think it looks pretty good. Your hair is beautiful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! How often do you dye your hair and do you get highlights?

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals