Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sharing Custody is So Hard!

Sharing custody of my duaghter has been the hardest things I've ever had to do. I miss my daughter when she is at her father's house. Camryn is my world. I love her more than anything. Her father and I divorced in 2009. We have shared custody of her ever since. We do 50/50 custody. It is hard on her to be split between parents. It is also hard on me. I try to stay strong when she is with me but when she leaves I get so depressed. I try to keep myself busy doing a diy project, spending time with my new husband TJ,  or working on videos but she is always on my mind. I sort of feel guilty that she has to live this life of being shared. Don't get me wrong, she is loved on both sides and treated extremely well.

Her father and I get along well and we try to work together to make things easier on Camryn. I think that is a very important aspect of sharing custody. You have to work together, get along, and put your child first.We try to keep the same schedules at both places.  We are working on keeping discipline the same. Keeping discipline the same and having the same expectations is very important.

I just felt like sharing this story. Sharing Camryn is something I struggled with for a long time. I want to be with her every day. I hate being a part time parent. She is my world. It really just breaks my heart when she cries because she doesn't want to leave me when it's time to go to her Dad's. Things don't always work out the way you want them to so life goes on. I just put my faith in God that He will watch over us. I will make the most of every second I spend with her and put on a happy and brave face. Does anyone reading this deal with a similar situation? How do you deal with it? I think it is harder on me sometimes than it is her but it just doesn't seem to get easier.

Follow me on Instagram for more crafting ideas! @_camrynscloset_
Business Inquiries or kind notes: camryns_closet@yahoo.com



 photo sara-sig_zpscca9f349.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hay there nice blog
    visit here for more details
    Carevel

    ReplyDelete

Daily Boutique Deals